Welcome to the Child Development Clinic
The Child Development Clinic is part of KishHealth System’s Behavioral Health Services at Foxpointe Center in Sycamore. We provide a family-oriented, research-based approach to therapy. Treatment plans are developed specifically for each client, with clearly defined goals and expected outcomes.
The Child Development Clinic hosts a multidisciplinary team of providers available to provide assessment and diagnostic services as well as treatment for children and adolescents. Our multidisciplinary team includes:
- A registered nurse fulfills the role of team leader and case manager
- A pediatrician provides medical consultation
- A licensed clinical psychologist
- Your child’s teachers
- School nurse
- School counselors/school psychologist (if involved)
- Your child and you
The team at the Child Development Clinic offers assessments for concerns related to:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Anxiety or mood swings
- Attention problems
- Cognitive functioning
- Struggling with schoolwork
- Difficulty in maintaining friendships and/or social relationships.
- Social-emotional problems
In addition to child psychology services, the CDC is collaborating with Kish Hospital’s Unlimited Performance Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine to provide a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to the evaluation and treatment of children with more complex developmental concerns. This takes advantage of UPs expertise in speech-language, gross motor, and fine motor development. This affiliation is unique in our area.