Kishwaukee Community Hospital’s Jacob Haish Memorial Emergency Room is staffed 24/7 with emergency board-certified physicians and nursing staff especially trained in emergency medicine. Specialists and counselors are available on-call at all times for consultation and evaluations. With 24-hour lab, diagnostic, and pharmacy services, Kish Hospital’s Emergency Room staff is prepared to address your needs at any time.
Our facility has met special training and equipment requirements by the Illinois Department of Public Health and has been designated as an Emergency Room approved for Pediatrics (EDAP).
Emergency Room Features:
- Entrance and helipad in the front of the building.
- Trained Emergency Medical Technician at Emergency Room reception desk to immediately assist patients.
- 15 large private treatment rooms including dedicated areas for trauma, isolation, pediatrics and behavioral health.
- Large central nursing station allows better access to patient rooms.
- Zones can be locked down for security.
- Private grieving/consultation room.
- 4 patient bathrooms in the treatment area.
- Bathroom attached to gynecological room.
- Trauma elevator large enough allow entire team to work on patient.
Adjacent to diagnostic imaging, operating rooms, and catheterization lab
Lifeline Personal Response Service
Kish Hospital also offers the Lifeline Personal Response Service available through the Continuity of Care Department. This service is a nationally-based, 24-hour response system that helps seniors and physically challenged individuals preserve their independence at home.
More information about Lifeline is available through Continuity of Care or Social Services departments at (815) 756-1521, x153395 or x153555.