Do you have a favorite local physician whom you would like to tell us about? Is this physician a person who has given of him or herself to care for you or a family member, going above and beyond what is expected? Does he or she give back to the community in extraordinary ways? Tell your story and recognize your special doctor by nominating him or her for an Acclaimed Physician Award. Please read over the guidelines for each award and decide which one fits the doctor you are nominating. Nominations due January 15, 2013.
Minimum Criteria for all awards:
1. Must have served as an active, associate, consulting, or contracted member of the KishHealth System Medical Staff for a minimum of 1 year.
2. Must be in good standing.
3. Must be in compliance with departmental rules and regulations.
4. Must exemplify
the valuse and standard practices of excellence of the health system.
Awards are criteria-based. Winners are chosen by a panel from KishHealth System, which may include representatives from the hospital boards, physicians, administrative teams, nursing and hospital staff. One award is given annually in each of the award categories: Outstanding Service to Patients, Community Service/Humanitarian, and Promotion of Quality Care by Fellow Colleagues. Nominations should reflect recent physician achievements or impacts to KishHealth System.
One award given annually per award type below:
I. Community Service / Humanitarian Award
Recipients of this award are nominated by members of the boards of directors, fellow physicians, KishHealth System staff, and the general public.
A. Participates in Volunteer Community Service (Medical)
• The physician provides professional services, without charge, to community agencies or private individuals within the KishHealth System service areas on a consistent and regular basis.
• Physician provides professional services to the community via educational seminars/health fairs on a routine basis.
• Physician provides professional services as an act of kindness as a Good Samaritan.
B. Participates in Volunteer International Medical Services
• Physician provides professional services, without charge, to international humanitarian agencies and/or organizations.
C. Participates in Community Service (Non-medical)
• Physician serves as an active volunteer in donating personal time and involvement supporting charitable agencies/organizations, cultural and community civic activities in the KishHealth System service area.
II. Promotion of Quality Care by Fellow Colleagues Award
Nominations made only by physicians. In an outstanding way, makes himself/herself highly accessible to fellow colleagues providing exceptional service allowing for smooth delivery of patient care.
AND / OR
• Is responsible for bringing a new technology or service to the KishHealth System that enhances and/or greatly improves care to our patients.
AND / OR
• Participated in a medical research study that contributes to the advancement in a particular field and brings that research to KishHealth System patients.
AND / OR
• Exemplifies an outstanding working relationship with the KishHealth System medical team. Acts as a champion and leader in initiatives that result in improved outcomes for patient care and/or staff relations.
III. Outstanding Service to Patients Award
Recipients of this award are nominated by patients, caregivers and KishHealth System staff.
• Shows a Greater Commitment to Patients - Consistently exceeds expectations in the care of their patients and families, showing a greater commitment in understanding of and responsiveness to the physical, spiritual, emotional and intellectual needs of their patients.
Submit Entry Online