Kishwaukee Community Hospital is serious about your safety. Every day we check and double check the hundreds of items necessary to deliver high-quality care. In addition to our routine safety checks, we continually examine our procedures, looking for ways of doing things better and more safely.
Infant Security at Kishwaukee Community Hospital
An infant security system protects our newborns. All new parents are informed about the system and policy upon admission. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask a staff member.
Additional Security Information:
- Patients are advised to leave valuables at home, but if needed they are placed in an envelope and stored in the hospital safe until discharge
- Security is focused on the protection of sensitive areas of the hospital from break-in and theft, and ensuring the safety of staff and patients from physical harm
- All doors except the Emergency Department Entrance are locked between 8:30-9 p.m.
- Off-duty DeKalb County police officers provide security from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., seven days a week
- Security makes rounds through the evening to make sure the doors remain locked
- They also assist when individuals are creating a disturbance or become a threat to themselves or others
- Hospital security and engineering staff escort patients, visitors and employees to their vehicles upon request
- Security will contact a towing service or a tire changing service upon request or provide a battery pack and assistance to start vehicles if needed
Our Pledge Regarding Medical Information
We understand that medical information about you and your health is personal. We are committed to protecting medical information about you.
Health Information Management will be happy to provide to you or your healthcare provider copies of your medical record. Your medical record contains information regarding your personal health and the care that took place at Kishwaukee Community Hospital. In order to assure confidentiality and to comply with the law, we may need you to sign an authorization for release of your health information.
A copy of this authorization is available on our website or may be obtained from our office located on the first floor prior to entering the Medical Unit. A nominal fee may be charged in order to obtain your records.
If you have any questions regarding obtaining copies of your medical record, please feel free to contact us at (815) 756-1521, Ext. 153365.