KCH Honors Employees, Doctors of 3 DeKalb Hospitals
January 2, 2008
Kishwaukee Community Hospital recently recognized 17 employees and three doctors who have now worked at DeKalb’s three hospitals.
A “Crowning Achievement” dinner was held in the hospital’s Doug and Lynn Roberts Conference Center. Memories were shared and gold “Crowning Achievement” pins were presented to the honorees.
The three doctors recognized were John Kostrey, DeKalb Clinic pediatrician, who joined the DeKalb Public Hospital medical staff in 1968; Dr. Bernard Johnson, DeKalb Clinic urologist, who joined in 1973; and William Lee, DeKalb Clinic internist, who joined in 1974.
DeKalb Public Hospital closed when Kishwaukee Community Hospital opened on Dec. 27, 1975. The new Kishwaukee Community Hospital opened on Oct. 2 of this year. The old KCH, which is now called KishHealth Resource Center, is still being used for the hospital’s Cardiac Rehab program and Emergency Medical Services classes.
The 17 employees honored, the year they started at DeKalb Public and their current position are as follows: Sandra Stoddard, RN, 1957, Center for Behavioral Health; Joyce Davidson, RN, 1959, Community Wellness nurse educator; Eleanor “Ellie” Coan, 1961, Food and Nutrition Services; Donna Newsom, 1964, assistant lab supervisor; Janice Seldal, 1966, Patient Financial Services supervisor; Donnalee Klatt, 1967, Human Resources; Paul Andresen, 1967, director, Radiology; Sue Olson, 1968, Emergency Department registration clerk; Faye Allen, RN, 1967, Cardiac Rehabilitation; Anna Barnes, 1969, nurse assistant, Maternity Suites; Sammie Harley, 1970, medical technologist; Donna Hall, RN, 1973, Intensive Care Unit; Lois Christensen, RN, 1973, Recovery Room; Marilyn Hamilton, RN, 1974, Cardiology Lab; David Lange, 1974, X-ray and pharmacy technician in operating room; Andrea White, 1973, medical transciptionist; Jeneane Bejnarowicz, RN, 1974, Cardiac Rehabilitation.