Welcome to the Sleep Disorder Center
The Sleep Disorder Center at Kishwaukee Community Hospital conducts sleep studies to diagnose a variety of disorders in adults, and children age 3 and older. The studies are performed overnight using advanced, computerized equipment to monitor the brain as it transitions through the stages of sleep, and to measure the functions of the lungs, heart and other parts of the body.
Scheduling a sleep study is simple. Arrange a sleep study or sleep consult by calling: 815.277.3979.
The testing available includes:
- Polysomnography (PSG)
- Continuous and Bi-level Positive Airway Pressure titrations
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT) for diagnosis of narcolepsy
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT) to measure ability to stay awake and alert.
Why Choose Kishwaukee Community Hospital’s Sleep Disorder Center?
The Sleep Disorder Center at Kishwaukee Community Hospital is a trusted medical facility, known for its compassionate and excellent care.
- The polysomnographers in the Sleep Disorder Center are highly experienced, each with more than 10 years of experience.
- Physicians find the process for scheduling patients and receiving reports to be smooth and convenient.
- The Sleep Disorder Center offers a home-like setting in a private room. Patients sleep in a regular bed, not a hospital bed, and are free to bring items from home that make bedtime comfortable.