- A sleep disorder can aggravate or lead to serious health problems.
- Sleep disorders have a negative impact on patients and society.
- Studies show a high incidence of sleep apnea in people with heart disease.
- Sleep apnea is known to raise blood pressure.
- Persistent, untreated insomnia may lead to major depression, anxiety disorders and substance abuse.
- Sleep deprivation and sleep disorders are costing Americans an estimated $100 billion+ annually in lost productivity, medical expenses, sick leave, property and environmental damage.
- Nearly 7 out of 10 Americans experience frequent sleep problems = 40 million people who have not been diagnosed.
- More than two-thirds of all children experience one or more sleep problems at least a few nights a week.